‘Building New Evidence and Alliances for Improving Nutrition’
The Micronutrient Forum is looking forward to welcoming over 1000 researchers, program implementers and policy-makers from around the world to its 5th Global Conference 2020 from March 23rd – 27th in Bangkok, Thailand.
Micronutrients are at the heart of the potential of food systems to deliver optimal health. Food systems are at the heart of determining what people eat. The 5th Micronutrient Forum Global Conference will cover the broad spectrum of micronutrients – research, efficacy and safety, implementation and, the policy and enabling the environment. In addition, the conference will take a deep dive into how micronutrients might be optimized and protected within food systems. The Micronutrient Forum is striving to ensure greater participation from the agriculture, manufacturing, processing and distribution, retail and culinary sectors, to widen the conversation and drive multisectoral innovation towards sustainable solutions.
The Micronutrient Forum 5th Global Conference provides the opportunity for sharing new micronutrient research with a diverse audience across 4 focused tracks:
Track 1: Micronutrient biology and status assessment.
Track 2: Efficacy and safety of micronutrient interventions.
Track 3: Program effectiveness.
Track 4: Designing an enabling environment for micronutrients.
Highlights of the conference will include
- Outreach to and building of new alliances with colleagues from across the food value chain, including agriculture, manufacturing, processing and distribution, retail and culinary.
- Coverage of the broad spectrum of micronutrients from the research, efficacy, program and policy perspective.
- A deep dive into how micronutrients might be optimized and protected within food systems, as well as the interactions between agriculture and climate change, and their impact on health and nutrition.
- World-renown chefs sharing their perspectives on healthy and sustainable diets.
- A regional focus, with the countries of South East Asia highlighting progress, lessons learned, and current challenges in implementing and scaling-up micronutrient interventions.
- The delivery of large-scale nutrition-specific interventions, including supplementation, fortification and biofortification.
- Addressing data gaps and issues with current estimates of micronutrient malnutrition nutrition as well as how new techniques and software can help to routinely collect information on micronutrient intakes and biomarkers in large scale surveys.
- The challenges and opportunities for addressing the double burden of malnutrition: micronutrient nutrition, obesity, and noncommunicable diseases.
- How micronutrients might be optimized and protected within food systems, as well as the interactions between agriculture and climate change, and their impact on health and nutrition.
The Micronutrient Forum’s 5th Global Conference 2020 will be held at the newly renovated state-of-the-art Bangkok International Trade & Exhibition Centre (BITEC). It is close to the airport, with Skytrain access to a wide range of accommodation and attractions.
Join us and be part of critical conversations, access the latest research, build new alliances, and celebrate breakthroughs.