Ordinary passport holder who wishes to enter the Kingdom for the following purposes is subjected to be granted Tourist visa:
- Short visit to family living in Thailand
- Medical treatment with registered hospitals
- Participants of MICE (Meeting, Incentives, Convention & Exhibitions) supported by TCEB
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS (Embassy/Consulate reserves the rights to request additional documents as deemed necessary)
- Passport or travel document with validity not less than 6 months
- Photograph of the applicant, taken within the past six months
- Evidence of travel from Thailand (air ticket paid in full)
- Evidence of adequate finance (20,000 Baht per person and 40,000 Baht per family)
VALIDITY OF A VISA
The validity of a visa is 3 months or 6 months.
PERIOD OF STAY
Upon arrival, travellers with this type of visa may be permitted to stay in Thailand for a period of not exceeding 60 days.
EXTENSION OF STAY
Those who wish to stay longer or may wish to change their type of visa must file an application for permission at the Office of Immigration Bureau located on Government Center B, Chaengwattana Soi 7, Laksi, Bangkok 10210, Tel 0-2141-9889 (or at http://www.immigration.go.th). The extension of stay as well as the change of certain type of visa is solely at the discretion of the Immigration officer.
Visa applicants are suggested to submit application at least 15 working days prior to the intended travelling date to Thailand.
Like most of Thailand, Bangkok has a tropical savanna climate under the Köppen climate classification and is under the influence of the South Asian monsoon system. It experiences three seasons, hot, rainy and cool, although temperatures are fairly hot year-round, ranging from an average low of 22.0 °C (71.6 °F) in December to an average high of 35.4 °C (95.7 °F) in April. The rainy season begins with the arrival of the southwest monsoon around mid-May. September is the wettest month, with an average rainfall of 334.3 millimetres (13.16 in). The hot season is generally dry, but also sees occasional summer storms.
The currency in Bangkok is the Thai Baht (THB).
Coins come in denominations of: 1, 2, 5 and 10 baht, as well as 25 and 50 satang. (You may get some 25 or 50 satang coins in change at a supermarket.)
Banknotes come in denominations of: 20, 50, 100, 500 and 1,000 baht.
- Travellers Cheques are generally accepted only at dedicated foreign exchange shops or banks.
- Automated Teller Machines (ATMs) are plentiful throughout Thailand, and most will accept cards issued by any of the major international banking networks (Plus, Cirrus, etc.)
Foreign debit and credit card withdrawals from Thai ATMs incur a 150 or 180 baht fee levied by the local ATM owner, in addition to any fees added by your home financial institution.
- Major credit cards such as Visa, Mastercard, JCB and American Express, are readily accepted at most hotels, airlines, restaurants and upscale merchants.
- To prevent your credit/debit card from being declined, it is important to advise your card issuer of your travel plans in advance.
Buying Thai Baht outside Thailand
Thai baht is widely stocked by most currency suppliers outside Thailand. However, rates obtained in Thailand are higher and money can be exchanged on arrival at more advantageous rates.
Exchanging cash in Thailand is Easy
FOREX (FOreign EXchange) booths are very common and clearly post their daily exchange rates on an electronic notice board.
- Cash exchanges in Thailand incur NO commissions or fees.
At high-end establishments, a 10% service charge is added to the bill. Elsewhere, tipping is not standard nor expected in Bangkok, but it is appreciated. If there is a small bit of change from a restaurant bill or metered taxi fare, it is common to leave it as a tip.
The easiest way to get to the Landmark Hotel from the airport is by public taxi. The taxi ride will be 27 minutes (fastest route, usual traffic).
The public taxi stand is located on Level 1 (Ground level) of the airport. Please click here for directions to the taxi counters in the airport and follow the steps here to learn about their service and fare.
Book transfers to and from Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport (BKK), taxis, vans, and executive cars through the airport’s search engine here.
BITEC is easily accessed from The Landmark Bangkok via the BTS (public transportation). The closest station to The Landmark Bangkok is the Nana station (less than a 5 minute walk) and from here you can take a 30 minute train ride to the Bang Na station which has a sky bridge to BITEC. Trains go every 5 minutes, running 5:30am to midnight daily.